Welcome to the Materials Research Institute
A centre of excellence providing the platform to support dynamic inter-disciplinary materials research, in collaboration with academia, research councils and industry professionals.
Queen Mary University of London has a strong tradition of materials-based research. The creation of the Materials Research Institute (MRI) brings together a range of expertise from within several Schools: Engineering and Materials, Physics and Astronomy, Biological and Chemical Sciences, and Dentistry to create a coherent interdisciplinary activity focused on five key research themes.
- Experience Tower Hamlets at the 2019 Festival of Communities | People's Palace, Queen Mary Mile End Campus
- Technology to capture energy from sea waves awarded funding
- A Queen Mary research project has won a national Engineering Excellence Award at Innovate UK’s Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) Best of the Best awards.
|Wed 31 Jul 2019|
14:00 - 15:00
|Seminar: Symmetry and Chirality: where Physics Shakes Hands with Chemistry and Biology, with Professor Laurence D. Barron (University of Glasgow)|
|Tue 3 Sep 2019|
09:00 - 17:00
|Seminar: Centre of Advanced Materials for Integrated Energy Systems (CAM-IES) Early Career Workshop, 3 Sept, London|
|Fri 20 Sep 2019|
09:00 - 18:00
|Conference: Biology Meets Physics Symposium: call for abstracts|
- Spark plasma sintering of grain-oriented Sr
2Bi 4Ti 5O 18aurivillius phase ceramics. Journal of Alloys and Compounds 6-9.
- From Waste to Wealth: From Kraft Lignin to Free-standing Supercapacitors. Carbon vol. 145, 470-480.
- Hard carbon derived from rice husk as low cost negative electrodes in Na-ion batteries. Journal of Energy Chemistry 17-22.