Welcome to the Materials Research Institute
A centre of excellence providing the platform to support dynamic inter-disciplinary materials research, in collaboration with academia, research councils and industry professionals.
Queen Mary University of London has a strong tradition of materials-based research. The creation of the Materials Research Institute (MRI) brings together a range of expertise from within several Schools: Engineering and Materials, Physics and Astronomy, Biological and Chemical Sciences, and Dentistry to create a coherent interdisciplinary activity focused on five key research themes.
- Fully funded PhD studentship: the new generation of nanomaterials: how to get control on matter at the nanoscale
- Material Research Institute's team is shortlisted to win a £200,000 science prize
- Scientists at MRI design material that can store energy like an eagle’s grip
|Mon 4 - Wed 6 Feb 2019|
09:00 - 17:00
|Centre for Condensed Matter & Materials Physics, three-day intensive course on Message Passing Interface (MPI)|
|Fri 15 Feb 2019|
09:30 - 17:00
|Thomas Young Centre Student Day 2019 abstract submission|
- Bioactive sol-gel glass-coated wood-derived biocarbon scaffolds. Materials Letters vol. 232, 14-17.
- In-situ synthesis of n-type unfilled skutterudite with reduced thermal conductivity by hybrid flash-spark plasma sintering. Scripta Materialia vol. 157, 58-61.
- Using spherical indentation to measure the strength of copper-chromium-zirconium. Journal of Nuclear Materials vol. 511, 610-616.