Welcome to the Materials Research Institute
A centre of excellence providing the platform to support dynamic inter-disciplinary materials research, in collaboration with academia, research councils and industry professionals.
Queen Mary University of London has a strong tradition of materials-based research. The creation of the Materials Research Institute (MRI) brings together a range of expertise from within several Schools: Engineering and Materials, Physics and Astronomy, Biological and Chemical Sciences, and Dentistry to create a coherent interdisciplinary activity focused on five key research themes.
- Meet our Professors Series: Going Green with Black. Inaugural Lecture - Professor Magda Titirici
- QMUL spin out receives investment to develop energy-saving optical communications technology
- London Energy Materials & Devices Hub - First Symposium between QMUL and UCL held at the MRI
- Understanding and quantification of grain growth mechanism in ZrO
2-carbon nanotube composites. Materials and Design vol. 133, 325-331.
- Protein-tannic acid multilayer films: A multifunctional material for microencapsulation of food-derived bioactives. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science vol. 505, 332-340.
- The effect of processing conditions on phase and microstructure of CaGeO
3ceramics. Ceramics International vol. 43, (15) 12035-12043.