Welcome to the Materials Research Institute
A centre of excellence providing the platform to support dynamic inter-disciplinary materials research, in collaboration with academia, research councils and industry professionals.
Queen Mary University of London has a strong tradition of materials-based research. The creation of the Materials Research Institute (MRI) brings together a range of expertise from within several Schools: Engineering and Materials, Physics and Astronomy, Biological and Chemical Sciences, and Dentistry to create a coherent interdisciplinary activity focused on five key research themes.
- Scientists at MRI design material that can store energy like an eagle’s grip
- Facilities access support for use of Henry Royce Institute equipment, University of Cambridge
- Protein disorder–order interplay to guide the growth of hierarchical mineralized structures
- Correlating electrochemical impedance with hierarchical structure for porous carbon-based supercapacitors using a truncated transmission line model. Electrochimica Acta vol. 284, 597-608.
- A Novel Fluoride Containing Bioactive Glass Paste is Capable of Re-Mineralizing Early Caries Lesions. Materials (Basel) vol. 11, (9)
- Breaking the Nanoparticle Loading/Dispersion Dichotomy in Polymer Nanocomposites with the Art of Croissant-Making. ACS Nano