Welcome to the Materials Research Institute
A centre of excellence providing the platform to support dynamic inter-disciplinary materials research, in collaboration with academia, research councils and industry professionals.
Queen Mary University of London has a strong tradition of materials-based research. The creation of the Materials Research Institute (MRI) brings together a range of expertise from within several Schools: Engineering and Materials, Physics and Astronomy, Biological and Chemical Sciences, and Dentistry to create a coherent interdisciplinary activity focused on five key research themes.
- Experience Tower Hamlets at the 2019 Festival of Communities | People's Palace, Queen Mary Mile End Campus
- Technology to capture energy from sea waves awarded funding
- A Queen Mary research project has won a national Engineering Excellence Award at Innovate UK’s Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) Best of the Best awards.
|Thu 20 Jun 2019|
11:00 - 12:30
|Seminar: The admixture of an s-wave component into the d-wave superconducting gap symmetry in l-(BETS)2GaCl4, with Dr Dita Puspita Sari, Shibaura Institute of Technology, Japan|
|Fri 21 Jun 2019|
09:00 - 16:30
|Conference: Thomas Young Centre Symposium - Milestones in Molecular Simulations|
|Wed 26 Jun 2019|
15:00 - 16:00
|MRI Seminar with Dr Firat Guder, Imperial College London|
|Thu 18 Jul 2019|
17:00 - 19:00
|Seminar: Thomas Young Centre Soiree with Beñat Gurrutxaga-Lerma, University of Cambridge & Steve Fitzgerald, University of Leeds|
|Fri 20 Sep 2019|
09:00 - 18:00
|Conference: Biology Meets Physics Symposium: call for abstracts|
- Spark plasma sintering of grain-oriented Sr
2Bi 4Ti 5O 18aurivillius phase ceramics. Journal of Alloys and Compounds 6-9.
- From Waste to Wealth: From Kraft Lignin to Free-standing Supercapacitors. Carbon vol. 145, 470-480.
- Hard carbon derived from rice husk as low cost negative electrodes in Na-ion batteries. Journal of Energy Chemistry 17-22.