Welcome to the Materials Research Institute
A centre of excellence providing the platform to support dynamic inter-disciplinary materials research, in collaboration with academia, research councils and industry professionals.
Queen Mary University of London has a strong tradition of materials-based research. The creation of the Materials Research Institute (MRI) brings together a range of expertise from within several Schools: Engineering and Materials, Physics and Astronomy, Biological and Chemical Sciences, and Dentistry to create a coherent interdisciplinary activity focused on five key research themes.
- MRI researcher helps develop rollercoaster which charges your phone
- UK Research and Innovation invites expressions of interest - Closing date: Wednesday 18 April 2018, 12:00pm
- PhD student wins London heat of Institute of Materials Young Person’s Lecture Competition 2018
|Wed 25 Apr 2018|
15:00 - 16:00
|Seminar: Prof Erwin Reisner - (University of Cambridge) Solar fuel production through CO2 reduction and H2O splitting|
|Fri 27 Apr 2018|
16:00 - 18:00
|Seminar: Thomas Young Centre Highlight Seminar, Professor Gustavo E. Scuseria, at University College London|
|Thu 28 Jun 2018|
16:30 - 21:00
|Seminar: Thomas Young Centre Soiree, Queen Mary University of London|
- Multilayer coextrusion of graphene polymer nanocomposites with enhanced structural organization and properties. Journal of Applied Polymer Science vol. 135, (13)
- Branch-Like Iron Nitride and Carbide Magnetic Fibres Using an Electrospinning Technique. Chemistry vol. 24, (19) 4895-4901.
- Bioactive Glasses: Sprouting Angiogenesis in Tissue Engineering. Trends Biotechnol vol. 36, (4) 430-444.