Welcome to the Materials Research Institute
A centre of excellence providing the platform to support dynamic inter-disciplinary materials research, in collaboration with academia, research councils and industry professionals.
Queen Mary University of London has a strong tradition of materials-based research. The creation of the Materials Research Institute (MRI) brings together a range of expertise from within several Schools: Engineering and Materials, Physics and Astronomy, Biological and Chemical Sciences, and Dentistry to create a coherent interdisciplinary activity focused on five key research themes.
- Andy Bushby makes finalist in the Engagement and Enterprise Awards 2018, 'Innovation of the year' category
- Professor William Gillin, Director of the Materials Research Institute - shortlisted for “Bruce Dickinson Entrepreneur of the Year” award for his work in Optical communication
- MRI Christmas Symposium Prize Winners 2017
- Bioactive Glasses: Sprouting Angiogenesis in Tissue Engineering. Trends Biotechnol
- Comparison of microsphere penetration with LC Bead LUMI? versus other commercial microspheres. J Mech Behav Biomed Mater vol. 78, 46-55.
- Ugi multicomponent reaction to prepare peptide-peptoid hybrid structures with diverse chemical functionalities. Polymer Chemistry vol. 9, (4) 482-489.